Langley Christian School
Langley Christian School is an interdenominational school of approximately 1000 students in three campuses: Elementary (pre-K - 5), Middle (6 - 8) and High (9 - 12).
Langley Christian School has adopted a Community Standards Policy. A copy is available upon request.
Start Date: August 01, 2017
Due to a retirement, Langley Christian School (LCS) is seeking a mature, committed Christian and respected educator with demonstrated wisdom, a passion for educating children, and an exemplary record for leading people and change. S/He will be forward thinking, innovative and able to bring and execute a clear vision for the next chapter of education at LCS. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success around the core components of the role; Christian education, strategic visioning, change management, people and programme development, finances, fund-raising and governance.
The successful candidate will have at least ten years of combined teaching and administrative experience, hold a Master’s degree, preferably in school administration and have current good standing, a teaching certificate and licensing in their present jurisdiction.
Langley Christian School is currently offering pre-school and K – 12 programmes. LCS has over 1000 students, a staff of over 120, and 475 families representing a diverse and supportive 50 churches in the Langley area. The Society of LCS is highly engaged and supportive. They love their teachers, staff and administrators and go out of their way to show it.
LCS is located in the vibrant and growing pasturelands of the Western Fraser Valley. Bound by the US border, the Pacific Coast Mountains and the Fraser River, it is only minutes away from the US, and 35 minutes from downtown Vancouver. A family might reasonably expect to ski in Whistler in the morning and sail at Whiterock in the afternoon. Perched on the edge of the Pacific Ocean, locals experience the dynamic cultural mix of First Nations, Asian, and European cultures in art, restaurants and festivals. Mild weather doesn’t begin to describe the Fraser Valley most of the time. The region is voted almost every year as one of the most desirable places to live IN THE WORLD. In short, this is a good place to live, work, play and a very good place to raise your family.
Finally, the Superintendent of LCS will be an active member of a local church, an exemplary citizen who exhibits the character of a Christian Leader (1 Timothy 3). S/He will recognize and respect the strength and legacy of our just-reached sixty years of Christian education, and lead us into the next sixty years.
Interested applicants or enquiries please address them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a cover letter, resume, pastoral, professional (2) and personal references (2), and a statement of faith.
Closing Date: May 31, 2016
Beginning on August 1 2016, LCS has a new position for a year-round, qualified Facilities Manager.
- oversight and regular maintenance of all Langley Christian School facilities and grounds
- oversight of maintenance related contracts, such as; all service inspections, waste pick-up, recycling, grass cutting, fire suppression, alarm, HVAC, environmental control systems, irrigation, janitorial
- facility rental contracts and oversight
- development of a long-term replacement and maintenance plan
- availability for alarm response when school is not in session
- calling and chairing regular meetings of the LCS Building and Grounds Forum
- oversight of the maintenance budget
- special projects as directed by the Superintendent in consultation with campus administration
- reports to the LCS Superintendent
- Experience with a wide range of maintenance projects in commercial buildings and/or schools
- Experiences and expertise with at least one trade; carpentry, electrical, plumbing, heating, etc.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a journeyman certificate in an applicable trade
- Must be a committed Christian, supportive of Christian education and be subject to a criminal records check
- Commensurate with experience and expertise.
- Includes health and dental insurance
- Includes participation in the Christian Schools International Pension Program
Please submit a detailed resume, including references, along with a Statement of Faith to:
Henry Vanderveen, Superintendent,
Langley Christian School
Educational Support Services
Closing Date: June 1, 2016
Langley Christian School – High School Campus is accepting applications for a part-time position (50%) position in our Educational Support Services Department.
Langley Christian School values inclusive special education where students with learning differences are included in the classroom and high school program with their peers to the greatest extent possible, with the implementation of alternate educational programs or learning activities when appropriate.
This part-time position includes teaching one course, Communications 11/12, and working with our High School Educational Support Services Coordinator, and others on our High School Team, in the development and implementation of IEPs, Learning Support Plans, and planning life skills and work experience opportunities for our students.
We are seeking applicants who:
- Are BC certified teacher (or able to become certified in BC)
- Have a minimum 2 years of successful classroom teaching
- Have certification in special education (or have coursework in special education)
Additional courses and/or experience in assessment/testing theory and practice, and strategies for teaching, adapting and modifying the curriculum to meet the diverse needs of students is an asset.
Please submit a resume, statement of faith, and philosophy of Christian Education to:
Kevin Visscher, Principal
Langley Christian School – High School Campus
22902 – 48th Ave.
Langley, BC V2Z 2T6
Langley Christian School has adopted a Community Standards Policy, a copy is available upon request.
Page updated: May 30, 2016